Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
– Murphy’s Law
Yeah, and it’s absolutely true. Yesterday after finishing posting my update, I got this urge to enable SSL on the website. I have previously used Let’s Encrypts free SSL certificates and installation was a breeze. In yesterday’s instance too, I was able to configure it on one of my other domains that is hosted in the same environment. After spending hours debugging, Googling and all, I had to give up. Now, I have raised a ticket with the Let’s Encrypt community team who are very helpful in resolving user issues.
Somewhere during the troubleshooting, I managed to get the site offline and had to rollback all the steps I had performed to get it back online in non-https mode.
Hope I am able to get it fixed soon.
Also, once this is all done, I will post a tutorial on how you can set up a website/blog for just $15-$20 and maintain it at a monthly cost of $5.